Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Back from Silence

My parents

I'm back in the blogging world after about one month being silent. Many things, too many things had happened during the one month period. Among others, my 31st birthday which was on 27th May. During that day, I held a simple "makan-makan" for my family. My parents, sister and family, brother and wife were there to celebrate. Unfortunately, my significant other was not here to celebrate it with as he is away for his routine business trip to Manila. *sigh* By the way, my sister lavished me with Secret Recipe's Chocolate Indulgence cake. Awesome!!! Thanks sis....
I'm getting old. I hope I'm getting wiser as well. I know age is just a number but it matters to me somehow. Skin is getting wrinkled (not yet laa), more grey hair coming out (this one is definitely in active process), eyes are getting blur (my power is about 600-650 the last time i checked) and many more signs of ageing.
Apart from my simple birthday, my parents celebrated their 43rd Wedding Anniversary on June 6th. Again, to celebrate, we had a simple "makan-makan" at home. I made nasi dagang, kari ikan tongkol, rendang ayam, jelly, and few other simple dishes for that nite. My cousin and her family were also there to enjoy the "makan-makan".
I asked my parents - secret of maintaining long-standing marriage - answer is simple - honest and love each other. No doubts, I have witnessed my parents' marriage shakened by certain incidents but they reconciled any disparities. I adore them so much. I hope, my upcoming marriage will also be like that.
I'll jot down some other events in my next entry. Till then, tarra!!!

No comments: