Pages

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

My wonderful weekend

Greetings from me.. :)

It is already Tuesday and there are only two more days to go before a long weekend. And good news for my self is that I am taking a break the whole next week :). My university is having the Gawai Holiday and there will be no classes at all. So, I am taking a week off and planning to go to Kulim :)

Let me share you the story of last weekend. My husband had planned of coming to my place last Friday after work but on the way, he stopped by at his relatives' place to meet with his family members. So, by the time he got there was a bit late so he decided not to come directly to Puchong that nite. Honestly, I felt kinda sad that he did not make it that night as I already got everything ready and just wait for him to arrive. But I understand that he was too tired to drive all the way to Puchong that same night. So, I told my self that it is better for him to rest first and come here first thing the next morning. Sometimes, we have to give and take and understand our spouse especially when he or she has had a bad day at work and have been working from 7.00 to 7.00. My husband works at a factory and usually he gets to the office quite early and get of a bit late. There were times where he would go back even at 9 or 10 pm. So, no matter how much you want to be with your spouse (especially for the weekend husband/wife), please be considerate to your partner. I am pretty sure that he or she would want to be with you as soon as possible too.

I fell asleep on the sofa while watching TV and remained sleeping until about 3.30. I saw an SMS by my husband. I was too sleepy to even reply to it and continued sleeping. Around 4.30, he called me on my HP and I asked him his whereabouts. My thought was that he was about to start his journey to come here. To my surprise, he asked to open the door as he was already in front of my house. Haha.. a good surprise, my darling.

We spent the early morning together and after Subuh prayer, we went for breakfast at McDonald's. Once we were done, we headed back home and tried to get some sleep. But we couldn't as we had 2 cups of coffee each while in McD. Too much caffeine I guess.. :) We watched movie to kill our time and it was just halfway as I was getting sleepy already. Surprisingly, after a while, it was my husband who slept and I just couldn't continue the sleep as it is not my normal sleeping hour.

That night, we planned to go to Mydin Mall in USJ but the traffic was really bad in USJ as there are LRT construction going on and the traffic lights were all not functioning. So, took a detour and went to Fend Ikan Bakar at Kelana Jaya for dinner. I ordered nasi goreng pataya but could not even finish it. Coming back to Puchong, we had to go to Tesco looking for my new iron as the old one is now kaput. So, we went to the new Tesco at Bandar Bukit Puchong, bought the iron, and went straight home. I was amazed to look at some of the people who went to Tesco at around 10.30 pm that nite and I could see the young parents are bringing their small children to go out at that hour. If I were them, I would probably just stay at home with the kids as I can see that some of them were already sleepy. So, when you combine kids and sleepiness = TEMPER TANTRUM. You can hear a lot of cryings here and there. Don't torture your kids just because you want to satisfy your needs and wants. Find a better time, as in early in the morning where they are fresh and awake.

That nite, we slept like as if we had been drugged!

The next morning, as we woke up, we decided to go to Pasar Tani Shah Alam. That was the first time for my husband to be there. We bought some groceries and later had breakfast. He had laksa and I had mee kari. That evening, we had to bid goodbye as he went back to his place and I was left at home.

To me, being a weekend couple is really testing our patience and trust to each other. As for me, I only have the weekend, not even two full days to be with him. To him, I guess, he needs all the rest that he could have. The balance must be there. So far, after a month of our wedding, we have started to blend well with each other's timetable. We enjoyed our time together and make up for the time that we are not together. True what the proverb says - absence makes the heart grows fonder... every week, we are looking forward to meet each other... :) And I am looking forward for this coming weekend too..




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for being such a wonderful wife. I am blessed. Alhamdulillah. I will love you till the end of time.

Cik Nina said...

Thanks to you too :)